Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Confessions of a closet sci-fi junkie

It's Here! The long-awaited Season 2 of Dead Like Me is on DVD!!!! For those of you who I did not force into watching season 1, this is a dark comedy on a young disaffected suburbanite woman who dies and is recruited to be a "grim reaper" for other dying souls. She, of course resists her call and there is plenty of mayhem ensuing... Yippee!!!

And, of course it has our very own song-and-dance man, Mandy Patinkin, as the supervisor/mentor of our wayward reaper. Jayhawks Rock! (Whatever. Like I've ever felt any devotion to my home town's pride and joy university.)But who doesn't know the "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die." man?

I'm ordering it online as we speak, or I speak, or write, or whatever. Something to look forward to. SO many questions not answered. SIGH. Too bad Season 2 is the last one. All the good shows get cancelled, while reality shows clone, I mean drone on.

Speaking of good shows being cancelled, Joss Whedon's Serenity is coming up on the BIG SCREEN!!! Based on his one partial-season hit series Firefly... a combo of sci-fi and western. IRRESISTABLE. Stupid TV Producers don't know good stuff when they're sitting on it. Anyway, for a glimpse into the world of Joss Whedon's world, I recommend Hellmouth Central. It's all about the many worlds created by this man's brain. And to see the going's on of those extremely dedicated to Serenity, visit the Browncoats.

I know, what's a crazy theological nerd like myself doing wrapped up in the worlds of vampires and sci-fi cowboys... wait, what kind of question is that?

No comments: