Friday, July 17, 2009

Prayer for times of Physical Suffering

This is a prayer I use a lot with my patients. They seem to find comfort from it.

Prayer for times of Physical Suffering
( I think i got out of Episcopal or Methodist Prayer book)
Lord Jesus Christ, we come to you sharing
the suffering that you endured.
Grant us patience during this time,
that as we live with pain,
disappointment and frustration,
we may realize that suffering is a part of life,
a part of life that you know intimately.
Touch me in my time of trial,
hold me tenderly in your loving arms,
and let me know you care.
Renew us into our spirits,
even when our bodies are not
being renewed,
that we might be ever prepared to dwell
in your eternal home,
through our faith in you, Lord Jesus,
who died and are alive for evermore. Amen.

No comments: