Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The end of summer

Yesterday was my last day as a nanny for the Bakker girls. We celebrated the last day of summer for them by going to Chuck E Cheese's with neighbor kids. Talk about craziness! I remember going to one for a surprise 7th birthday party in Phoenix while we were on vacation. Actually I think the trip was for my Grandpa's funeral, or when he just got sick... so they tried to bring a little happiness to the grandkids that day. I have a pic of me with huge eyes and a hand over my mouth cuz I'm so surprised and delighted. Good times.

Joe n I are no more. That's okay. We had a great time this summer and we still care about each other. Just time to move on.

My first day of freedom has been filled with doing dishes and catching up with new and old friends. Keela is coming up this weekend. Mom is coming down to help me clean up a bit and to have some fun on Tuesday. I return to KS with her on Friday and spend the week there at prego Chrystal's. Then on Labor Day weekend I have 3 families from back home visiting me for the Japanese Festival at the MO botanical gardens. It's an awesome time. Then school starts... craziness!!!

No comments: