Sunday, October 02, 2005

Dog breath and leg cramps

I just got back from a late night walk with my buddy Becky. Now that the weather is cooling off and we are both back into trying to be healthy, we're getting back into the habit of walking. It's been a bit painful for me. My leg with the bum knee (from the black belt test) has been cramping up in the calves/ankle/arch, esp uphill. Stretching will help for a little bit and I think just keeping on plugging away and it will decrease.

But my previous post about cool fall weather? Scratch that. It's muggier than bad dog breath out there and I'm drenched. UGH. Don't care if it's not 100 degrees out, it's still icky and I wish it'd stop!!!

I've been doing well with focusing on being healthy and not on the losing weight thing, but this weekend has been esp. hard on the morale. A good friend has been doing the low-carb thing for a few weeks now and has lost 15 pounds. Another has a personal trainer and has some kind of weird diet restrictions and is melting away the pounds too. I keep on telling myself that rapid weight loss is not my goal. I do NOT want to be a yo-yo dieter my whole life. And drastically changing my eating habits has not been successful for me in the past, I just quit when life gets tough. And focusing on making healthier choices in stead of measuring and counting may mean it's slower going, but is really making a positive difference in my mood, attitude and overall sense of well-being. Who exactly am I preaching to? Moi. I thought so.

Had a full day at church today. From 8:15am to 8pm with a 2 hour break in the middle. It was a pretty good day, anyway, but I'm pooped. Off to bed.

No comments: