Monday, October 17, 2005

My sunshine has come...

I have found my anthem for this year... from an older Angie Stone CD I hadn't listened to in a very long while. It's funny how I never really noticed the lyrics before... now they mean something more I guess.

Artist: Angie Stone
Song: No more rain (in this cloud)
Album: Black Diamond
link to CD


Chorus:
My sunshine has come
And I'm all cried out
And there's no more rain in this cloud


There's no hiding place
When someone has hurt you
It's written on your face, and it reads
"Broken spirit, lost and confused"
"Empty, scared, used and abused, a fool"
Oh, ain't it funny that the way you feel
Shows on your face... Chorus

So you want to live and to you I shall give
All the space that you requested
Hope you don't live to regret it
So you say you're in your prime
Baby, don't waste your time
Remember my love, it's only a thin line
(It's never too late)... Chorus

Spring has come and winter's gone, my love
But don't look around for me, child
I'll be gone (I'll be gone, gone, gone, gone)
Not afraid because the seasons have changed
I'm gonna count my blessing then just follow the sun
Cuz you see... Chorus

(It's written all over your face, yeah)
And the smile you used to wear
Seems a little bit out of place
(Tracks of your tears)
People oh, hold on
In time it gets a little better, whoa... Chorus

No comments: