Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My not-so-snarky finals rant & UCC coolness in all things cool

Actually, I'm not feeling very snarky at the moment... For once, I feel good about the ethics exam I just took. This time I at least recognized and could put something down for each of the terms/issues. Too many freaking words and people to remember. Why can't people all just follow the Ethics of Regan... it would make my life easier, and well, the world would be a much better place, because I know what's right. yeah, uh-huh.

What would the ethics of Regan entail, you ask? Well, we'd have to get rid of the idiotic notion that humanity is the top of the spiritual/sentient/ethical food chain. From there, I think the rest would fall into place, don't you?

Anyway, onto more exciting and interesting news, John Thomas, our beloved president is one of OUT Magazine’s "100 Most Intriguing Gay Men, Lesbians and Straight Allies,” the cover story of the slick publication’s December 2005 issue.


Thomas, who has headed the UCC’s national setting since 1999, is listed among nine “straight allies” for his leadership during the UCC General Synod’s deliberations in July that ended with a resolution in support of same-gender marriage equality. The story notes how the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force's Religious Leaders Roundtable “has lauded Thomas for his efforts and the UCC for its historic leadership in the inclusion of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people in its ministry.” (And, Ron Buford was also listed...)Buford, who is gay, was touted for his leadership of the UCC’s Stillspeaking Initiative.

There's a new line of headline/posters of the God is still speaking campaign... the promotion fo the UCC as a progessive, welcoming place... Here's my faves:

SHELTER for the SPIRITUALLY HOMELESS
Do you know every word, but NONE OF THE MEANING? (a picture of the bible)
Turn your other cheek, NOT YOUR BACK
RELIGIOUS FREEDOM doesn't have to be an OXYMORON.
red state, blue state... or JOYOUS STATE?

Rock on, UCC!!! I know, I shouldn't find such satisfaction from cutting taglines, but I do. Hey, I'm human... and according to the Ethic of Regan, as a human, I'm at the bottom of the spiritual plane, not top. :)

No comments: